Gabe Sterling...

NN, Donnerstag, 03. Dezember 2020, 23:20 (vor 1211 Tagen) @ NN

So: Gabriel Sterling thinks that Republicans—and specifically the two Republicans running for the Senate in Georgia are saying things which are untrue and conducting themselves in a way that is “un-American” and makes them “complicit” in an attack against “the backbone of our democracy.” He says that their words and actions are “going to get somebody killed.”

And he also says: “I will vote for those two senators.”

WTF?

I wrote about this logic pretzel two weeks ago and, if anything, it’s getting worse.

When Woodruff pressed Sterling on this logic, his answer was that divided government is super important and Democrats will pack the court and blah-blah-blah.

I don’t want to sugar-coat this: That’s bullshirt.

Republicans didn’t think divided government was a good thing in 2018. If they did, then they would have voted for Democrats.

Joe Biden has said repeatedly he has no interest in packing the court. And even if he wanted to pack the court and controlled the Senate, he couldn’t do it. Just count the votes.

If control of the Senate was the only goal, then Sterling could vote for Perdue and against Loeffler. Republicans only need to win one of those seats.

What this is about is party über alles.

Because if a guy like Sterling says that Republicans are being literally “un-American” and are attacking the very “backbone of our democracy” AND that he’s still voting for them? Well, he is saying that he will always vote for Republicans, no matter what.

At which point there is no reason for anyone to pay attention to anything he says. Because it’s nothing more than theatrics.

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/if-this-is-a-crisis-then-act-like?utm_campaign=post&a...

gesamter Thread:

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion